According to recent reports from the Ministry of Tourism, more than 3.2 million international visitors travel to New Zealand each year and this figure is projected to continue increasing for many years to come.
So, if you’re interested in spending your next holiday in the captivating country of New Zealand, this brief editorial will present some fascinating facts and figures regarding this distinctive Pacific island chain and explain exactly how you should begin your adventure after landing at the Wellington Airport.
New Zealand Is Filled With Intrigue and Charm
New Zealand is viewed as one of the most enthralling vacation destinations in the entire world and this renowned country is ranked as a top holiday site by readers of the Condé Nast Traveler magazine as well as The Daily Telegraph. However, if you’ve never been to New Zealand before, let’s take a closer look at the reasons behind the recent tourism surge:
- Even though the total landmass is roughly the same size as Japan, the country’s population is barely above 4.6 million. By contrast, Japan is home to over 125 million people, which means that New Zealand has one of the lowest population densities of any country on Earth.
- New Zealand is home to a wide range of beguiling wildlife, including the planet’s smallest dolphin as well as the only flightless parrot known to man, but there are absolutely no snakes on the islands.
- As the pinnacle of equality and fairness, New Zealand actually became the first-ever country to grant women the right to vote in elections, a significant event that occurred way back in 1893.
- The marine industry is integral to the country’s domestic economy, which is why it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to find out that the city of Auckland features the highest number of boats per capita in the world.
- With a stunning assortment of panoramic vistas and awe-inspiring natural landscapes, New Zealand was Peter Jackson’s first choice for the film site of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy; all of the motion pictures were recorded and edited on the islands.
- The local government prides itself on protecting the environment and preserving New Zealand’s historical significance. In this regard, there are no nuclear power stations on the islands and minimal pollution.
This incredible country is also the zenith of water sports, hiking, camping, and other adventurous activities, which makes it the ideal destination for honeymooning couples, families, and business groups.
Your Holiday Journey Should Begin with a Reputable Car Rental Agency
Long before you board your plane to fly to New Zealand, you should visit the website of a trusted car rental organisation to finalise your travel plans. With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can reserve a personalised car rental in Wellington Airport and correspond with a friendly in-house representative to help establish a lively itinerary.
Then, once you arrive, you’ll be able to collect your vehicle and learn about the myriad of museums, art galleries, theatres, restaurants, and other points of interest spread throughout Wellington city.
You’ll also have a chance to avail yourself of cost-effective passes to various local events and hotspots so be sure to reach out to an established rental agency at your earliest convenience. It’s the most economical way to facilitate an inclusive New Zealand excursion.